Here’s your guide to logging in to FAFSA, common login problems, forgot password/username links, and student advisor number.
To log in, please visit https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/sign-in/landing.
Enter your username and password to sign in. If you have forgotten your password, head to https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/sign-in/account-lookup
If you don’t have an account yet, visit https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch Details, you will need for registration:-
- Filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form
- Signing your Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Applying for repayment plans
- Completing loan counselling
- Using the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Help Tool
Items Needed to Create an Account
- Social Security number
- Your mobile phone number and email address
What is FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Student Financial Aid Services advises students/families on how they can successfully obtain federal student aid. It was founded in 1991 by college financial aid director Michael Alexander. You are advised to answer FAFSA correctly. This AID is mainly for undergraduate and graduate) in the students in the United States. It is not for a single program; it includes nine federal student aid programs, over 600 state aid programs, and more.
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or eligible non-citizen
- Must have a valid Social Security number
- Must have a high school diploma/GED;
- Completes FAFSA and must use federal aid for educational purposes only.
- Is not in default on any student loans.